Inspired by Furious Pete: Welcome to The Road to 200 lbs with Ketosis.
The road to 200 lbs with Ketosis is a passion project of mine that I have been wanting to do for the past month. Like I say in the title it is inspired by a fellow fighter of cancer Furious Pete. He had a great series called The Road to 700 lbs. Here is the video where he finally hit that goal. I have to admit I cried along with him when he hit it because I was thrilled he achieved that goal.
I have a few reasons for wanting to do this.
- Obviously my health: I used to be in the 320’s, that was really bad. Being up around that weight for so long is probably why I got prostate cancer. I am actually obsessed with getting back down to my high school weight now (hint: 200 lbs). My PSA between July and December dropped 13 points. Logically one might assume is from a 30 pound weight loss I had between those times. If my numbers go down that much from 30 lbs, what happens to those numbers between 70-75 lbs? I am in the 270’s right now and have been for about 2 months.
- Inspiration: I am a trauma survivor… of several traumas….. Maybe I am a dumb ass? I have always wanted to show people that anything is possible. I have had horrible experiences like loosing $120,000 worth of savings trying to start a business and failing. I lost a lot of money and time in my life but I have not lost the education. I want to show people no matter what happens, the can still make it and still be successful.
What is my Ketosis nutrition plan?
Honestly I am not telling you. It will be animal products but I am not going to show what I am eating. Why am I doing this? As I have said in a previous post, everything but diet and water will give you cancer. I just don’t want to get into arguments with people who think nutrition is a one-size-fits-all with science when it is not. I will show everyone my macros though, as in my proteins, fats and carbs.
What are the diet parameters?
- No soda: Now I am not stupid. I haven’t had regular soda for a while. The diet soda on the other hand is a hard vice to quit. I am sticking with water and tea because, I am probably wrong with this, but diet soda mimics an insulin surge and I don’t want that to interfere with the supplements I am using.
- I’m going to reduce my cheat day to a cheat meal: Saturday night is always the date night for my girl and I. I used to just use the entire day for cheating, and sometimes the cheating lasts for another day or two. I am just keeping it simple with one meal.
- I am not going to get details into what I specifically eat: The reason why is because I don’t want armchair nutritionists telling me what I am doing wrong, especially since I have cancer. I’ve already explained in a different post why a plant based diet won’t work for me. I just plant on showing you a macro break down. What works for me might not work for you. Nutrition, like cancer, isn’t a one-size-fits-all science.
- I will share with you the supplements that I am using though this challenge. I’m going to be talking about fats, Chlorella, and a supplement that puts me into Ketosis within an hour called Kegenix Prime.
How about them stats?
At the beginning: 1/15/18
Weight: 281.5 lbs
Waist size: 48.25 inches.
Feel free to watch the video too. I pretty much talk about the same thing. Whichever is easier. 🙂
If you have any questions that you want me to answer let me know in the comments below.
Week 1: 1/21/18
Week 1: 269.62lbs
Waist size: 48 inches
Update after week 1: The food poisoning diet, get on that train baby!
Week 2: 1/28/18
Weight: 275.5lbs Waist size: I forgot to measure it
I’m out of here. Wish me luck. Karawaci Matt, signing off SEE-YA!